Wednesday 21 July 2010

Industrial-ish

We've had a Devoter BP kicking around for a while from before we entered into WH's and we're making our money on the T2 market. It's always been one we wanted to build but we had no one to fly it. That recently changed as I finished propulsion jamming V and sorted out the last skill to get into in. So my co-director dropped out to high and got it built as we intend on sharing the ship (such is the way of WH life) once he finishes his training.

During a convenient High sec connection I got the ship fitted and was nicly setup with high-80-90% resists across the board, dual armor reps and a pair of bubbles (which thanks to my Amarrian background I can run almost cap stablly, note: must sort out the final rig to get it stable) .

Well I had the guys give it the once over to test it's a tank in preparation for actual combat, and felt pretty good that it'll stand up to a decent amount of damage. I didn't have to wait long...

We had a raider in a Tengu who didn't accept our invite to leave peacefully plus his salvaging alt. After my stealth bomber had a close encounter with a structure while scouting and subsequently exploding to the Tengu's missles I pulled the Devoter out to see if we couldn't discourage this raid by supplying the raider with a new clone.

Well we landed on the Tengu which promptly cloaked and moved away, but while trying to save his 1/2 Bil ship, the raider missed warping out his alt who was busy salvaging in his buzzard despite the sudden appearance of 2 new Tengu's and a Devoter. So a quick warp to salvage I dropped the bubble and dispensed justice on the alt, taking out a full sisters (which would have been useful to us) but dropping the Nano ribbons (which pays for my new Stealth bomber)

Well the raider wasn't too pleased with this, and after burning his tengu through the hastly assembled camp on our static, came back in an Absolution command ship to take revenge (this is after we pointed out his threats of a capital fleet to take down our pos wouldn't work due to mass limitations of the WH) I must say I have a healthy respect for command ships now, that thing was tough, and he was managing to break the tank on the Devoter on his own. But managed to escape and after a couple of scraps at the WH on his terms his bloodrage had diminished and he decided us "noobs" weren't worth his time. Good for us as along with the we recovered from the buzzard and the site we salvaged that he had just finished we netted a good 100M.

No comments:

Post a Comment