Wednesday 21 July 2010

Tactics for T3

Traversal, traversal, traversal...

With T3's speed boost inherited from the Sleeper parts that go into making them it's all about traversal velocity, unless you are working a spider tank in which case you will be needing to maintain a closer formation. From what we've found within our wormhole our standard tank on T3 is good enough not to need any remote help, which might change if we move up to higher class wormhole, but for now we can fly as a freeform fleet happily enough.

So in any given fleet fight what we tend to do is have whoever gains attention maintain as fast a traversal velocity as possible on the hard hitters, while the other take out any webbers that might cause issue to this. We'll also get in under the guns of the larger ships so to avoid the worst of the damage as we can drop a 1000 dps battleship down to a very easily tankable 30dmg a shot by sitting in a nice orbit of them.

When encountering multiple hard hitting battleships I have a tendency to not use the inbuilt orbit as you can only set this to orbit a single target allowing the others to spread out and start to do damage again. Instead I'll manually adjust my course to orbit the group keeping them close to each other and thus avoiding more damage than necessary.

Themodynamics is a great skill when getting under the guns is necessary, as with hitting overheat on my AB II I can get to around 800m/s which very quickly gets you into a nice range. I can normally half the optimal range off a battleship before it can lock me at which point switching to a high traversal deals with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment