Wednesday 23 June 2010

Maybe not so nice

So the other day I login to find a raid on our system going on. There is only me and the co-director online at this point so tackling a 3 BS and 1 T3 fleet looks like it is going to be difficult.

But we scan them down anyway and find them hiding round a wormhole (must have spotted our probes and waiting to see on a response). So we sit and watch in the hope that they will jump out, eventually they must have gotten bored and guessed we aren't up to hitting their fleet so they warp back to a site.

We follow on and see that they are using a large cluster of sentry drones as defence. Perfect expensive bomb target, so a quick swap to a purifier later and we are both lining up for a bombing run. Unfortunately they had just finished the site so I jumped the gun and launched while the sentry drones were still a viable target, despite this they managed to pull the drones before the bomb got them.

After this little scrape the raiding party went on the defensive and started playing cat and mouse between planets with my co-director scanning them down I went back to their salvage area and settled down to await the salvage boat we detected entering the system.

Eventually the thrasher appears and cloaks to await reinforcements, it does cross my mind to attempt to hit the cloaked ship as I do have a line on the direction and know the distance but decide it'll be worth letting them salvage the site first as it could result in some salvage loot. one of the BS's eventually comes back and salvaging commences by which point I've managed to position myself exactly where I want and am just awaiting the thrasher to approach the cluster I'm waiting for.

He moves into position and I go for the shot, de-cloak drop bomb bank away for warp (already got clipped by the T3 on first bombing run and don't want the BS to get me), he spots the bomb and attempts to dive out of blast radius with a microwarpdrive. Unfortunately for him he's not fast enough and is destroyed by the blast.

This is where I realise I should have cloaked instead of warped so that I could have looted the thrasher before the BS gets there, but ah well I managed a successful kill and got a compliment on the success off the guy I'd hit.

Well WH is slowly teaching me to PvP.

No comments:

Post a Comment